Service updates during coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
Latest service update
We are open for business and our services are continuing to run but with some changes to ensure the health and safety of all our cleaners, movers and clients during the outbreak.
Restrictions are different depending on which part of the UK you live in – please see the advice below for each region.
- Restrictions for England are changing on 5th January as England returns to a “National Lockdown”. The government guidance is that cleaners can still work inside peoples’ homes.
Regional Restrictions & Advice
National Lockdown Restrictions (from 5th January)
England is subject to a national lockdown across the region, similar to the March lockdown where businesses and schools will be forced to close to control the rise in Coronavirus cases. The national lockdown will begin on the 5th January
Can cleaners still work in clients’ homes?
Yes. The government have made it clear that domestic cleaners will still be permitted to work inside peoples’ homes as long as the government guidelines on social distancing and staying safe are followed. We supply our cleaners with a set of extensive guidelines to follow during their scheduled cleaning visits.
“Where it is necessary for you to work in other people’s homes – for example, for nannies, cleaners or tradespeople – you can do so. Otherwise, you should avoid meeting for work in a private home or garden, where COVID-19 Secure measures may not be in place..”
The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of any of the following:
- a new continuous cough
- a high temperature
- a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)
For most people, coronavirus (COVID-19) will be a mild illness. However, if you have any of the symptoms above you must stay at home and arrange to have a test to see if you have COVID-19.
Further government guidance for households with possible coronavirus (COVID-19) infection can be found here.
What are we doing?
We want to inform you of the actions we are taking as a business to protect our cleaners, movers and our clients as far as possible during the COVID-19 outbreak. You will, of course, know the government have ordered people to stay at home wherever possible but with a few exceptions. On the other hand, we don’t need to point out that a clean house is even more essential during these times.
- We are in constant contact with all our cleaners and movers and are asking them and yourselves to take all the precautions you can.
- If you or anyone in your household have any symptoms, please let us and your cleaner, movers know as soon as possible.
- We have also informed our cleaners, movers to do the same if they or anyone in their household displays any symptoms.
- We have always ensured that the same cleaner, mover attends the same clients each clean and that our cleaners only use the clients’ cleaning materials, to prevent cross-contamination.
- Hello Services and our cleaners, movers would like to thank you for your continued support at this difficult time, it is much appreciated.